Gluten-free Brownie With Salted Tahini Frosting
Is there anything better than having a house that smells like baking chocolate gluten-free brownie? I bet chocolate lovers can relate.
I have to admit that this bittersweet fudgy brownie together with salted tahini is the bomb. Chocolate and tahini are a beautiful and unexpected match. And quite easy to make!
I always like to experiment with ingredients and add as much healthy ingredients as I can. I came up with the teff flour, which is a naturally gluten-free, ancient East African grain. It is a good source of iron and calcium. It is also high in resistant starch, dietary fiber that can benefit blood sugar management, weight control, and colon health.
I am a fan of baking and cooking with ancient flours, as they often come with a number of health benefits that give us a little something extra from standard modern wheat flour. Not without reason ancient people have been using them for thousands of years.
If your friends are coming for a coffee or your in-laws are coming to town, you can astonish them with this extraordinary gluten-free brownie.
Hint: You can use all-purpose flour instead of teff , if you don’t need gluten-free.
Gluten-free Brownie with Salted Tahini Frosting
- 1,5 bar (150g) dark chocolate 70% cacao mass
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup organic granulated cane sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup teff flour
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup tahini well-stirred
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 330ºF. Butter an 8-inch round cake pan and line it with parchment overhanging on two sides.
- n a large, metal bowl set over a pot of barely simmering water, melt together the chocolate and butter until smooth, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and whisk in the sugar, then the eggs and vanilla. Sift the teff and tapioca flours and salt into the batter and stir until smooth. Scrape into the pan and spread into an even layer. Bake until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, 20-30 minutes. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. Whip the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle until smooth. Beat in the tahini until smooth, then add the sugar and salt. Increase the speed to medium and whip until light and fluffy, 1 minute.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled brownie. Chill until firm and serve. Keep in the refrigerator.