Armpits Detox With Bentonite Clay
Have you ever tried to make a homemade deodorant or used a natural deodorant and it didn’t work for you? When switching from conventional deodorant to a natural one, you might experience some symptoms of withdrawal. It is caused by chemicals from the antiperspirants that clog your pores. Very often irritation with redness and itching or/and body odor may occur, that is why you should make the armpits detox with bentonite clay.
Why not just keep using regular deodorant and avoid the whole problem?
Conventional deodorants and anti-perspirants contain a variety of chemicals and additives. They completely block the body’s natural ability to sweat, and the chemical list in some deodorants is impressive:
- Aluminum– some evidence links aluminum to cancer and Alzheimer’s disease,
- Phthalates– endocrine disruptors also found in plastic that can cause hormone imbalance and even infertility,
- Formaldehyde- a known carcinogen, it kills the germs though,
- Parabens- another hormone disruptor and parabens have been found in biopsied tissue with breast cancer,
- Antibacterial substances- they are endocrine disruptors and can negatively affect the immune system.
How to detox your armpits
- 1 tablespoon bentonite clay
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons of water (to get right consistency)
- Mix all of the ingredients in a glass bowl (do not use metal!) with a wooden or non-metal spoon until about the consistency of sour cream.
- Spread in an even layer over the armpits and allow to sit for 5-20 minutes. I suggest starting slowly and working up to a longer period of time once you see how your body adjust. If it hurts at all, remove immediately.
- This may cause some redness as it will increase blood-flow to the area, but it will go away quickly.
- Wash off in the shower or with a warm, wet washcloth.
- Repeat daily or as needed until under-arm odor goes away and natural deodorant is non-irritating.
Additional Things to Try
If you are still struggling with odor or have itching or lumps in your armpits, consider dry brushing.
Also, make sure to drink a lot of water any time you stimulate lymph flow (dry brushing, massage, detox, etc) to help flush the body and avoid getting dehydrated.
Ready to try an armpit detox? Think it’s too weird? Share below!
Hi, I had no idea my deodorant could have all of these bad ingredients. To be honest, I never stopped to check. I did notice the deodorant that I’ve been using for a while has not been working as well as it was. I guess it’s time to detox my arm pits!! This is great information! Thanks!
Thank you for stopping by. We don’t even realize how many chemicals we put to our bodies. Good luck with the detox, I hope it will work for you!
I will have to give this information to my daughter who suffers with bad armpit odor even when she wears deodorant. She smells as bad as a man and it lingers on her clothes even when I wash them several times. I have never had any of the experiences you mentioned with changing deodorants, but I will definitely give this a try and pay closer attention to it.
Detox with bentonite clay may be a solution for your daughter’s problem. Good luck!